Schools are about to let out and summer is almost here! Summer time is busiest moving season and many families are planning to move into a new home in the next few months. We at Weichert, REALTORS®-The Sumner Group have some good tips on making your move from home to the other as smooth as possible. An article on the Realtor.com website goes over 10 Summer Moving Tips. We’ve outlined 5 for you below and the rest can be found in the full article here.
1. Get written quotes from at least three licensed moving companies to help you find the best deal. Take a look at the size and scope of your move and consider a partial serve move or do-it-yourself move as a cheaper alternative.
2. Before you pack, make your plans to unpack. Take photos of the new home and make notes of where things will go, especially larger items, to make unpacking a more pleasant experience.
3. Appliances and furniture often times will have screws, bolts and other small parts. Instead of taping them to appliance or piece of furniture, put them in plastic bag to keep them more secure. Clearly label the bags and put them all in one box.
4. Dispose of as many cleaning products and toxins before the move. Pack items that must be moved in a small box into a larger box for protection against leaks. Be sure to seal it extra tight and keep away from kids and pets.
5. Placing all your possessions into someone else’s hands may be a bit anxious for some. Consider getting full value insurance protection for your move. This will help provide peace of mind, in case of lost or damaged items that need repair or replacing.
Whether you’re looking for a new home or selling your current home, our team of trusted professionals at Weichert, REALTORS®-The Sumner Group can help you with any of your real estate needs in Richmond Hill, Pooler, Savannah Georgia, and the greater Savannah area.